June 14, 2010

Two weeks and COUNTING...


I can't remember the last time I had butterflies in my stomache. I was trying to think back to the weeks/days before Penny was born and I quite possibly could have had butterflies, but definitely not the same as I have now. Those were a mix between excitement and well, fear, haha. This feeling now is just pure excitement with wings.


Leaving Winnipeg is so bittersweet because we have such a WONDERFUL family here and will miss them way too much. I have been so bitter about being here the last couple years that I feel when ever I am around them I am just that. Knowing that we are heading back to BC has somehow allowed me to let go of this. I can't explain it and I know it is ridiculous but it is like I am looking at the brightest light at the end of the tunnel and all the bitterness is just, gone. Not that Winnipeg is at all compared to a tunnel, it just isn't where I want to be driving through right now.


We had a garage sale this weekend and it felt so good to just get rid of the stuff we had way too much of. I am the worlds worst packer so that isn't going so well. Let me loose the night before we leave though and I'll have us packed up before morning!


So just two weeks left and knowing that has finally allowed me to totally enjoy them. It will go by so FAST so I have lots of seeing people we love before we go...who we will continue to see lots of when they come to visit and when we come back to visit too. There will be lots of visiting! I have to remember Jamie right now too. I know he is looking forward to the move but not in the same way as I am. His best friends and family are here, this will be really tough for him. Really tough. If you think about it in the next couple weeks send a little love to Jamie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you! Here is some love for Jamie~ love love love~

haha.

Have fun packing- you should make a game of it... then maybe it would get done faster!

I am eagerly anticipating your arrival!

Colin and Sarah said...

oh my word that is sooooo soon! tres excited over here! I love Penny's face, I want to squish it! Also I know I don't know Jamie super well, but that face that Penny is making looks like a Jamie face :D
Love to you and Jamie and your girl.

Ana Catalina said...

Kim! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Penny's shirt! I think Rocco would have loved it too seeing as he loves whales! :)

Snap Weddings :: Vancouver Island Wedding Photography and Videography. Calgary Wedding Photography and Videography said...

Oh my goodness Kim! That last photo of Penny - she has so much character! What a smile!!!! I am in love.

I can't wait until we are all settled into crofton, including ourselves! Everything seems like a whirlwind right now, and I've barely had time to visit everyone and now YOU guys are moving here and we will be in Calgary! Ahhhhh!!

I hate to say it, but I sort of I can't wait until the winter months when everything will have slowed down and we will be going for visits to the ocean in our hoodies and wooly socks. I love the west coast!!!!! AND THE KITCHENS!! Can't wait for you to get here.

-Ash

Keira-Anne said...

Super exciting, Kimmy! I can't wait to see you and meet precious Penny. I'm going to be in Crofton the weekend of July 16-18 so we've got to get together for sure! Safe travels on your trip... I'll be praying! xo

Blog Archive