It's already been two years. I can't believe how quickly time has been flying by.
Me Jamie and Penny went to see you yesterday. We brought you some flowers, and of course it was raining, a perfect reminder.
I miss you. Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly breathe.
I had no idea that when I got that phone call and rushed to the airport that I wouldn't be able to give you a real hug ever again. That I wouldn't be able to sit with you or talk with you or hear you say I love you just one more time.
But I know that you did. I know you loved me more than anything. You showed me everyday. I know you knew I was there and that Penny was with me even though you didn't quite get to meet her. She is so beautiful, you would have just thought the world of her. She will know all about you. I will tell her the best stories. I will tell her just how lucky I was to have you as my grandma, how there has never been anyone quite like you. The world just isn't the same without you in it.
Thank you for always being there when I needed you.
Thank you for being one of the best parts of my life.
I think about you everyday and love you every minute.
You will never, ever be forgotten.
Love Kim
1 comment:
Kim, my thoughts are with you.
Remember that your Grandma is reflected in you,
how you treat others and how you raise Penny. She is watching you, admiring the woman you have become. I'm sure she is so proud of the mother you have become. She is rooting for you!!!
Love you Kim- and though I only remember meeting your grandma once- I sure know how much she loved you:) I see it as your example that taught you how to love others. Which you do with your whole heart.
Grandmas are fantastic! I miss mine too.
Post a Comment