This is Em...
She was home for Christmas and wanted a picture with Buddy Boy as her profile picture with PETA.
For anyone who doesn't know, Emily is Canada's representative for PETA. Yes she is the one standing out on the streets in minus one thousand temperatures across the prairies in a lettuce bikini, painted like a leopard, the Canadian flag, wearing a seal costume...the list goes on. My shy little sister somewhere along the way decided that this was her calling. After years of me trading her my meat for her veggies when my parents weren't looking at dinner, she finally decided to give up eating the living and fighting for their rights instead. Our generation isn't much in to the protesting these days. Everyone has their own opinions on how to make their voice heard...and I think a big issue is us feeling like, well, what's the point? My motto: live by example. I don't 100% support the way radical organizations go about doing things. I totally support PETAs cause 100000000% but sometimes struggle with how they go about giving the message. With that being said I am so incredibly proud of my sister. She is a wonderful woman (somewhere along the way she turned into one, haha) and I love her to bits!
Keep up the good work Em!
Love Kim

1 comment:
you lavender girls are so beautiful :)
I love hearing the latest updates on Emily and learning of her escapades- though I still choose to eat meat I am more conscious of seeing where my meats come from- one of the reasons I love going to the farmers market! I guess that is one big thing you taught me kim- respect the animals... :) love ya!
Go Emily Go!!!
Post a Comment