May 26, 2010

May loOOoOoOOOoOOOoong...

Well Fargo was good. The States sure seems like a different place even if it is right across the border. The whole city was jut a bunch of big box stores and restaurants. Target was pretty great and there were some other neat places-there was a big outdoors store that was our favourite. Penny got some pretty cool hiking sandals. Now she just needs to learn how to hike...or even walk! We just shopped and ate (urghrhtghrthfjduuuuugh-says my poor tummy).

On our way home Jamies brother called and said there was a tornado warning out for the city we were driving through-one we stopped in Target for. Honestly, one of the scariest moment of my life. We came out of Target to the lowest BLACKEST swirling clouds right in front of us. We made it to the car in the crazy wind as people were running out of their vehicles back inside Target and a crowd of people watched the clouds from inside the store. I started freaking out but we just sat and watched the swirly clouds go by over us. No tornado but holy smokes it was pretty close to one. Prairie weather scares me.

Anyways, we are back to Winnipeg and we are sitting at 32 days until moving truck day...now I really have to start packing!!!

These pictures are from Winnipeg-I didn't take any pictures in Fargo. Store innards are just not the most exciting!



1 comment:

Colin and Sarah said...

oh my goodness Kim! that is insane! I would have been freaking out right along with you... I may have even shed some tears! I have a love hate relationship with tornados... love watching movies about them, would hate to be near one in real life!
adore adore adore the photo of you and Penny looking at the tulips!

Blog Archive