January 25, 2011

The little things...

Do you ever have those moments in you life when you just feel like music should just start coming from the sky? I've never been one of those people who play music in my house. Jamie is. Sometimes it drives me crazy BUT sometimes I feel there are moments that need to have a certain song turned up so loud that all you can do is dance.

I have those moments. The ones where I feel like a specific song should start playing from loudspeakers in the clouds. Those moments where I close my eyes and breath and just be. And I smile. And I am thankful once again for this little bald girl who makes those times come so much more often than they ever have.



Being a mom is magic. Yes I wish there were moments that I could cast a spell and open my eyes to find I am anywhere but here. But more than ever I am reminded of my presence in every moment. I am reminded of the little things. And it's the little things that are important. It's living your life as it happens and finding the joy and beauty in it. It's finding the most beautiful smile you have ever seen in your life sitting on the back of your couch behind you...and smiling back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww. Your beautiful little monkey!

Its so true....earlier today I would have loved that magical spell....but she has been sooo cuddly lately that I can't get enough of her!!

Christy said...

Penny is so precious! It was really nice seeing your face at MOPS!

Blog Archive