January 22, 2011

There is an island in the sea...



A post about a recent getaway to Ucleulet and Tofino, thanks to a wonderful mother in law. Sometimes it is just so good to getaway someplace different for even a little while, to have family adventures and late night movies and trying to pull an all nighter (okay 10 for us is pretty much all night...Penny fought hard too).



She spent a lot of her time with her friends from "Yo Gabba Gabba." "Go Brobie, go-go-go Brobie!"



And the jacuzzi tub was obviously the best part...THAT is how you do bubbles!





This is just what I always pictured my little Penny's life to be like. Warm winter days right by the ocean, that wonderful salty smell and the most amazing scenery on earth.









I love the spell that the West Coast casts on you as wind along the tall tree lined highway...and then you see it. The long golden stretch of sand against the roaring ocean. Instantly I fall in love. And I take a giant breath and once again tell myself I am the luckiest person in the world because I get to live here. People come from across the planet to visit this place and it is just a few hours away for me. It is a magical place. And my baby gets to be part of it and grow up in it and I hope she too will fall in love with it.







We couldn't stay long at the beach though because someone thought the ocean must be a big bathtub and just HAD to be in the water. So she would run, we would stop her, she would cry...we had to go.
And so we went somewhere that had a boardwalk to corral her, and it worked...for a while.





Thank you for the wonderful stay Tofino and Ucleulet (oh and P.S. we always stay in Ucleulet because it's cheaper...and we love it)...we hope to see you again soon.

4 comments:

megan edelman photography said...

hokey dinah miss kim! What a gorgeous post...your little gal is just scrumptious. Glad you got away too...it's good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so glad you hear you had a wonderful time away with your family. Let's talk soon. Can you email me your phone number:( I've misplaced it and I would like to talk to you... actually I think it is on facebook. Expect a call from moi soon!
Love you kimmy, jamie and penny! My fav's!

Heather said...

You make me wish I was living there too! But the good news is I'm going to be on the island in March. I'd love to come see you!

Keira-Anne said...

So many beautiful photos of your precious little girl. It looks like your family getaway was just perfect. xo

Blog Archive