This month we made fermented sodas and Kombucha!
Kombucha is a fermented drink that is made using a SCOBY (a yeast and bacteria "mushroom). It tastes a bit like fizzy iced tea with a bit of apple cider vinegar. So good! And it is a liver detoxifier too.

Holly brought along a ton of jars, all the ingredients to get us started as well as a SCOBY baby for each of us.

The SCOBY!


We also learned how to make fermented sodas that were so delicious. We made a hibiscus and rosehip soda that was made only using honey, rosehip, hibiscus flower, lemon and yogurt whey. AMAZING!

I tried a batch of soda again this weekend but was too rushed and didn't let it sit long enough meaning no bubbles...and a sad me. But I have another kombucha batch getting started right now!

I love this. I want to learn something new, every month, for the rest of my life!
1 comment:
These are awesome posts! I have always wondered about kombucha, but it seemed a little scary for me to tackle. I can't wait to see wait you do next.
Post a Comment